How to Submit & Verify website to Alexa.
Alexa Internet, Inc. is a California-based company that provides commercial web traffic data and analytics. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com.
The reason behind for claiming your site is to add your site contact details, Cause advertisers always use Alexa to find a relevant site to advertise. And by adding your site with Alexa u can instantly look about your site traffic & many other details as mentioned below.
Usually, This tool picks a new domain itself but it’s always a good idea to submit your site yourself and claim your ownership. This is for information that Alexa is one of the top websites which rank Websites globally and shows different types of ranking factors like Global rank, search term query, country rank, site backlinks details, percentage of traffic from all over the world, Bounce Rate of any website and many more details.
Step by Step tutorial how to submit website to Alexa:-
First of all visit Alexa & make a free account by using your Email id, Password or you can sign up with your Facebook account. Alexa automatically take desired information from Facebook profile.The simplest method to claim your website is using the verification ID.If you are in WordPress.com & wordpress.org, then one thing you should know that wordpress.com & wordpress.org doesn’t directly support the Alexa verification ID, you will need to paste your verification ID into one of the Google, Yahoo, or Bing verification field.
If you are using self-hosted WordPress & If you are using Yoast SEO tool for your WordPress blog then you can go to SEO->General->Webmaster tools->put code->click on verify my ID.
If you are in BlogSpot then you have to paste verification ID in the template by editing template.
- Go to http://www.alexa.com/siteowners/claim and enter your site.
- Select Method 2.
- Copy the Meta tag (which looks like this: <meta name=”alexaVerifyID” content=”your-verification-id-here” />) from the example HTML.
- Open up a new browser tab or window and log in to your WordPress blog.
- Select “Tools –> Available Tools” from the left-hand sidebar.
- Paste the verification ID into one of these fields: ’Google Webmaster Tools’, ‘Bing Webmaster Center’ or ‘Pinterest Site Verification’ or SEO by yoast plugin webmaster tools.
- Press the “Save Changes” button.
- Go back to Alexa and press the “Verify my ID” button.
There is alternate method for self-hosted WordPress user. We have already discussed how you can install plugin in self-hosted WordPress.You can claim your site by installing the Alexa plugin and adding your verification ID to it.
Let me know have you submitted and claimed your Website? Do you think this online tool is doing great or you are using any other online tool?Do not forget to subscribe our website via RSS FEED here or you want every post delivered in your email id as it published then please subscribe our website with your email ID.